Every football fan worth his or her salt is in heaven right now as the college football bowl season starts to really kick in. However, for fans of the six or seven teams that didn’t qualify for a bowl game this year, these can be most trying times. If you’re a Colorado Buffaloes fan, you know exactly where I’m coming from.
Luckily, there are ways of making yourself feel better, ways that don’t even involve a bottle opener.
Following are ten things Colorado fans can do over the next several days to take their minds off their team’s failure to qualify for the college football bowl silly season:
1) Watch any of the 67 remaining bowl games. They’re all must-see T.V.
2) Reminisce about classic Camping World Bowl contests of years gone by.
3) Invite Uncle Lou over to help dispose of what’s left of the Christmas ham.
4) Think of creative ways to wake Uncle Lou from his ham-induced coma.
5) Watch an NBA game (Apparently their season has started).
6) Participate in a hot yoga class. Actually, that’s a joke. For the love of God, don’t do hot yoga!
7) Spend an entire day with your significant other. You know, on an especially bad bowl lineup day.
8) Treat yourself to a weekend away, possibly, I don’t know, Vegas or somewhere. You already spent an entire day with your significant other, so they’ll understand completely, of course.
9) Visit a museum. They offer amazing and endless educational experiences. At least that’s what my significant other tells me.
10) If you have kids, now would be the perfect time to get reacquainted with them. Catch up on their latest school activities and other minute details like, you know, what are their middle names, when are their birthdays. While you’re at it, ask them if there’s anything they’d like to know about you.
There you have it, boys and girls, the perfect prescription for all of your holiday football ills.
You can thank me later.